Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This homemade mayonnaise is created very easily in about 10-seconds using a stick (immersion) blender. After chilling in the fridge, this mayonnaise gets slightly thicker and tastes very much like Best Foods/ Hellmann's Mayonnaise.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 cup canola oil, room temperature
- Break egg into bottom of 1-quart canning jar or other tall narrow jar. The jar should be only slightly wider than the end of the stick blender.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, table salt and white pepper.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Place mixing blades of stick blender (turned off) all the way to the bottom of the jar, pressing down over the egg.
- Turn stick blender on high speed, hold in place at bottom of jar for about 5-seconds, until you see mayonnaise form under stick blender's mixing blades.
- Slowly pull stick blender upward until the mixing blades reaches top of jar, taking about 5-seconds to do so. The stick blender will turn the oil into mayonnaise as it is pulled slowly to the top of the jar.
- Chill before using to allow mayonnaise to thicken slightly and for flavors to develop.
Loved this. Super quick and fresh, delicious result. Thank you! Note: Since finding out that canola oil is a genetically modified product, I try to make my mayonnaise with mild olive oil or a combination of olive oil and coconut oil. Still a delicious result, but much healthier. Give it a try!
Easy and tasty mayo! I was looking for a smaller batch than my traditional mayo recipe; this is my new favorite.
We typically make our own mayonnaise and I like the taste of this one better than the recipe that came with our immersion blender. I use 1/4 cup of egg substitute ( I think its safer that way) instead of one egg, apple cider vinegar in place of the white vinegar and omit the pepper.