Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Hearty and delicious beef stew.
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, diced
- 15 ounces corn, drained
- 15 ounces peas, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 5 cups beef stock
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Heat oil in 6 quart pot on high heat.
- Season meat with salt and pepper, coat in flour, then brown for 1 min on each side. Remove meat and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium. Add bacon, garlic, and 1 onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add wine, and reduce for 10 minutes.
- Add beef, soup, broth, bay leaves, thyme, basil, cumin, and parsley. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, corn, and peas. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme. Enjoy.