Recipe by Wildflour
TOTAL comfort food!!! I like mine over rice then topped with Chow Mein Noodles...does that make it "chop suey" or "chow mein"?? Nonetheless, it's good stuff! My own concoction.
- 1 lb stewing beef, in cubes
- 1 lb pork, cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons butter
- garlic powder
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans bean sprouts, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In pressure cooker, saute beef, pork, onions and celery in butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder til meat is lightly browned on all sides.
- Add 1 can beef broth, A-1, fresh mushrooms and 3 Tbl. soy sauce.
- Cover and pressure cook 8 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once.
- Remove lid and add second can beef broth, dark brown sugar and rest of soy sauce.
- Heat to boiling, stir in cornstarch mixed with the third can of beef broth.
- Stir and boil til thickened.
- Add rest of vegetables and heat through. Serve over rice.
- Top with chow mein noodles.