1/1 Photo of Home-Style Meatloaf With Garlic Smashed Potatoes
From FoodFit.com: Found this recipe for my DH. I still hate meatloaf, but I make this for him and he says, "Likey, Likey."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, any kind
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cook 2 minutes more and set aside to cool.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the ketchup, 1/4 cup bbq sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and the cooled onion mixture. Add the turkey and beef sirloin and mix until just combined.
- 5Pack the mixture into a 9-inch loaf pan, brush the top with the remaining bbq sauce and bake covered for 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 7Slice off top of garlic bulb and drizzle with olive oil. Place in aluminum foil or ovenproof dish in same preheated oven as the meatloaf for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 8Boil the potatoes in a large pot of water until done, about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- 9In a small saucepan, bring the stock to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- 10Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a small bowl to release each clove of garlic. Throw the skins away and mash garlic with a fork.
- 11Drain the potatoes and mash (with their skins on). Add the roasted garlic. Slowly add the stock until the desired consistency is reached.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home-Style Meatloaf With Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.8 mg
- Sodium 833.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 28.9 g