Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A quick and easy cookie to make without having to turn on the oven. If you like them a bit more soft, just use approximately 2 cups of the oats. Easy enough for kid cooks & first time cooks. (The hour passive work time is to allow the cookies to cool completely)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (can be crunchy if you prefer)
- 2 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix sugar and cocoa together in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Add the milk and butter.
- Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook for one minute and then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter and stir until peanut butter is mixed well.
- Add oats and quickly mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (or use a 2 tsp scoop) onto parchment paper.
- Let cool completely & then store in an airtight container.
I would wait for these to cool completely before I rate them, but I don't think that they will last that long! :) These are awesome! I didn't realize what they were when I chose them - I just saw the list of ingredients and thought they sounded good. When I read the instructions I realized that these are an old childhood favourite of mine! So easy and soooo good, my kids thank you too! Made for Went to the Market tag. Thanks HokiesLady! :)
Yummy squared! This is my favorite cookie from my childhood. We called them Cow Patties, but that may only sound good when you're from Wisconsin. One trick I did learn that is the longer you cook them, the harder they will be, so it's good to keep in mind as you go. I loved these, thank you much! :)
I love this recipe, but then it has peanut butter in it. It is easy, and considering that it is a sweet treat it is healthy. Thank you for sharing another winner:)