Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Not your average fruit cake, this one is made with cream cheese and is a family favorite. A hot cup of tea and a slice of this is so good.
- With electric beaters, cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar mix well.
- Beat in zest and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time beat well after each addition.
- Reserve 1/4 cup flour.
- Sift remaining flour with baking powder and blend into creamed mixture.
- In a small bowl combine both kinds of raisins, candied fruit and maraschino cherries; toss with the 1/4 cup flour. (The cherries I like to leave whole--I think they look nice when the cake is cut, but its up to you to either leave them whole or chop them.).
- Stir fruit into batter.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- Bake 300°F for 70-80 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- I have made this cake in loaf pans (2) (Bake time for loaf is 45-55 minutes) which allows me to cut them into smaller servings and I put them on my Christmas goodie trays. This cake freezes well.
Excellent batter. I also used mixed dried fruit rather than raisins. Now I'm going to make one using chopped dates, chopped orange slices (candy), coconut and cherries.
Wow was this good! we halved the candied fruit as we're not very fond of that product, but it worked out well for us. Awesome job calee. Thanks
I made this cake last night - and I think my mum may eat the whole thing today! it is the first cake i have made with cream cheese and i put dried fruit mix in instead of the raisins and it turned out so moist and golden. thanks for a delicious spin on fruit cake!