Recipe by Calee
Not your average fruit cake, this one is made with cream cheese and is a family favorite. A hot cup of tea and a slice of this is so good.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup mixed deluxe candied fruit
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drain on paper towel
Directions See How It's Made
- With electric beaters, cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar mix well.
- Beat in zest and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time beat well after each addition.
- Reserve 1/4 cup flour.
- Sift remaining flour with baking powder and blend into creamed mixture.
- In a small bowl combine both kinds of raisins, candied fruit and maraschino cherries; toss with the 1/4 cup flour. (The cherries I like to leave whole--I think they look nice when the cake is cut, but its up to you to either leave them whole or chop them.).
- Stir fruit into batter.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- Bake 300°F for 70-80 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- I have made this cake in loaf pans (2) (Bake time for loaf is 45-55 minutes) which allows me to cut them into smaller servings and I put them on my Christmas goodie trays. This cake freezes well.