Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from the rice crispy website. They look like great little treats for the children during christmas. You can also use a christmas tree cookie cut out and make christmas tree treats! I think that I will also drizzle some melted semi-sweet chocolate on top of these little presents!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice, krispies
- canned frosting or decorating gel
- assorted candy
- red string licorice
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray and/or lined with waxed paper. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Use frosting to fasten stacks of two squares together. Decorate with additional frosting and/or candies. Tie bows on packages with licorice, if desired. Best if served the same day.
This Kellog's recipe and a classic. Unfortuantely, it's dry and needs a cup or 2 MORE mini marshmallows. It's fabulous if using regular lrg marshmallows.