Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a mashed mixed potato casserole. It's rich and creamy. Great for your holiday dinners, but make it anytime! Don't let the goat cheese scare you off. It;s only 2 oz so it's not too strong.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 3-qt casserole dish. Set aside.
- Cook the potatoes, yams and onion in boiling salted until tender; drain.
- Return the drained cooked potato mixture to the pot off of heat.
- Add cream cheese, goat cheese, butter, and milk. Mash well with a potato masher until fluffy.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the chopped chives and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
A really nice change from plain mashed or plain sweet potatoes. We really love goat cheese, so next time I am going to leave out half of the cream cheese and add more goat cheese. Nice texture with the egg cooked in. Very fluffy and colorful. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.