1/1 Photo of Holiday Pomegranate, Pear, and Grape Salad With Candied Pecans
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup candied pecans (see my Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans - With a Kick)
- 1 large bunch red leaf lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
- 2 cups large dark seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 ripe red pears
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh orange zest
- 1Make candied pecans.
- 2In a large bowl, toss together the pomegranate seeds, grapes, red onion, and the blue cheese.
- 3Divide torn lettuce leaves among 8 salad plates, and top each salad with the fruit mixture.
- 4Halve and core pears and cut into 1/2-inch slices-- put a pear half, skin side up, in the center of each salad.
- 5Arrange candied pecans around the pears.
- 6Just before serving, heat balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, cooking and stirring until brown sugar dissolves. Off the heat, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Drizzle warm dressing over each salad, sprinkle with orange zest, and serve right away.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Pomegranate, Pear, and Grape Salad With Candied Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 76.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: