Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite way to serve corn for the holidays. It makes a festive side dish and is easy to assemble. I first served this on December 31st, 1999. The green chile adds a southwestern flavor, but it tastes great without.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (9 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 375 ° F.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, sour cream, and egg.
- Stir in cans of corn, green chile and muffin mix.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Add cheese, stir well and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, (dish will be slightly puffed when done).
This was a very easy recipe to follow. My kids ate it up and so that's a very big plus. I really think this makes more than 6 servings, unless you eat really big portions. I think next time though, i may either use more sour cream or leave a little juice from the corn in it to make it just slightly more moist. But i will definately be making this more often. Thanks so much for posting!!!
Very easy to make! I loved this! The green chilis added a nice flavor. Thanks for posting.
My grandkids love this! I made 1/2 the recipe & omitted the green chilis. They cleaned it up. Thanks for posting!