1 hr 15 mins
In 'The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever' by Beatrice Ojakangas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, divided (plus extra for the dish)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion (white and green part)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans yellow corn, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans white corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans yellow cream-style corn
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (crushed Ritz crackers)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 2In a big skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons butter and add the green onions, celery, and bell peppers; saute for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt the remaining 3/4 cup butter.
- 4In a big bowl, combine all three types of corn, the milk, cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the melted corn.
- 5Add the sauteed vegetables and transfer to the prepared baking pan (at this point you can cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; add 10-15 minutes to the baking time).
- 6Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs and drizzle with the remaining 1/4 cup butter.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes, or until the crumbs are browned and crisp.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Corn Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 578.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ritz cracker crumbs