Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whipped cream may be used in place of Cool Whip if desired but the Cool Whip tends to hold up better for this salad, and you may adjust the amount to taste --- not only is this delicious this colourful dessert makes a wonderful presentation to serve at your holiday table, it may be be made well in advance! :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries, halved (measure 2-1/2 cups before slicing in half)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups coloured mini marshmallows (can use white)
- 2 large red apples, unpeeled and diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups large seedless grapes (sliced in half)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (very well drained, squeeze out excess moisture with hands)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -3 cups cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use one 8-ounce container)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- In a small bowl toss the cranberries with sugar; set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine the marshmallows with chopped apples, grape halves, pineapple and chopped pecans.
- Add in the sugar-coated cranberries and toss to combine.
- Fold in the Cool Whip topping.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Before serving sprinkle with coconut.
Made a great addition to our Easter dinner this year! In WI - anytime is a good time for cranberries :) The cranberries provided a nice tart burst to this sweet dish. Makes an extra large bowl full.
Kit this is amazing, not surprised its a KITTEN recipe, we had this gone in short time, I'm definately going to make this again for the holidays, thank you Kit.
why wait for the holidays? 'nuff said.