1/1 Photo of Hoisin Pork Roast With Green Onions
3 hrs 25 mins
This is a long-time favorite that is still requested, only whisky will do for this, and yes 3 bunches of green onions! --- this roast must be cooked in a low-temperature oven for about 3 hours :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a large oven-proof pot or Dutch oven over high heat.
- 3Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder on all sides.
- 4Brown the pork roast on all sides in hot oil, turning often (this should take about 15-18 minutes).
- 5Remove the pot from heat, and cool the roast enough to handle.
- 6While still in the pot, spread the hoisin sauce over the browned roast (or you can remove the roast to a plate and return back in the pot).
- 7Sprinkle the green onions over the roast in the pot and cover with a lid.
- 8Place the roast in the oven.
- 9Cook until pork is very tender when pierced with a fork (about 3 hours) adding water to the pot about 1/4-cup at a time if mixture is dry.
- 10Remove the pot from the oven and transfer pork to a cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 20 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile spoon off fat from the pan juices.
- 12Stir in whiskey and 3/4 cup water into juices; boil 2 minutes on top of stove, adding a small amount of water in if the sauce is too thick, or if sauce is too thin, boil and reduce.
- 13Slice the pork thinly, pour the sauce over and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Pork Roast With Green Onions
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1151.2
- Calories from Fat 779
- Total Fat 86.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 269.5 mg
- Sodium 785.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 65.3 g