Recipe by Veruca
This is a Japanese noodle recipe served during summer. Soba is made from buckwheat and usually sold in 4-bundle packs.
- 1 lb soba noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup Japanese soy sauce (shoyu)
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 4 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoons leeks, sliced thinly
- 4 teaspoons nori, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water, soy sauce and mirin. Allow to cool and place in the refrigerator.
- Cook soba according to package instruction.
- Wash soba in cool running water.
- Place soba in bowl and garnish with ginger, leeks and nori.
- Pour cold broth over the noodles.
- Add wasabi according to taste.