Recipe by seahorse73
Source: Better Homes and Gardens I love serving water this way, refreshing!!! Great for the holidays!!! Enjoy!!! You can chill from 1 to 8 hours, I like 8 hours
- 4 lemons, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed of fresh mint or 1 1⁄2 cups basil leaves
- 6 -8 cups bottled water or 6 -8 cups tap water
- 6 -8 cups ice cubes
- of fresh mint or basil sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lemon slices in a large pitcher.
- Carefully rub the 1-1/2 cups mint leaves between the palms of your hands to slightly bruise the leaves.
- Add to the pitcher with lemon.
- Pour in water.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 8 hours.
- Strain lemon-water mixture.
- Discard herbs.
- Divide lemon slices and additional fresh mint or basil sprigs equally among 6 to 8 tall glasses or pint-sized canning jars.
- For each serving, add 1 cup of ice cubes; fill with the lemon water.