Recipe by rsarahl
This is our favorite chicken dish! There is something about the cream sherry marinade that makes this chicken absolutely fabulous. The chicken develops a very complex flavor and the sauce is wonderfully tasty. The sauce is lovely made with either the cream or the low fat milk/water option. Since we don't usually have heavy cream onhand, the lowfat option was born and I am very happy with the result. Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do.
Top Review by Barb G.
WOW, this is Delicious. We really enjoyed it. The chicken is very tasty, The sauce is Scrumptious. The next time I am doubling the sauce. DH wants more sauce. Thank you for such a delicious recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (OR 2 tbsp water mixed with 2 tbsp powdered skim milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow pan combine the following ingredients to make the marinade: sherry, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, cover and refridgerate for 30 minutes or more.
- When chicken has marinated for at least 30 minutes, melt butter in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Quickly brown the chicken breasts, then lower the heat, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer chicken to plates.
- Add water to pan to deglaze it.
- Add remaining marinade to pan, bring to a boil (important for food safety since this marinated raw chicken) and simmer until reduced by half (at least 5 minutes).
- Add cream or low-fat milk and water alternative and heat through.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with noodles or rice and roasted seasonal vegetables for a wonderful meal.