Recipe by Gail Holt
I got this recipe from my ex-husbands late grandmother. She taught me this and I fix this all the time. My family loves these and you can fix these when you want something simple and sweet. You can also fix these for any occasion. you can also make cinniamon rolls and omit the chocolate
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, soften
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons Hersheys cocoa powder
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 to 375 degrees.
- Roll out biscuit dough thin.
- Spread soften butter on top of dough.
- Add sugar to butter.
- Add vanilla to butter and sugar.
- Roll up into a log, pinch sides.
- Cut into 2 inch rolls.
- Place in a 9x11x13 cake pan.
- Put in preheated oven until golden brown.
- In deep sauce pan mix well sugar and cocoa.
- Add water to cocoa mixture until well blended.
- Bring to a boil until thick.
- When rolls are golden brown let them cool off.
- Pour chocolate syrup on top of rolls.
- Let set for about 1 1/2 hrs to 2hrs. This gives the chocolate to be soaked up.
- Serve and enjoy. Even better in the mornings with coffee. Servings vary. Time fixing also varies.