Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My adaptation to a recipe I found a long time agoin an old recipe book. It is definitely worth the time & effort once you sit down to eat & enjoy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into strips 2x1x1/4 inch.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add meat, cook until brown ob all sides.
- Stir in water, onion, garlic salt & ginger.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover & simmer 12-15 minutes.
- While simmering, cook enought Instant Rice as directed on package for 4 servings.
- Blend cornstarch, sugar & soy sauce, stir into meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens & boils.
- Boil & stir 1 minute
- Cut tomatoes into 1/8's, Place on meat mixture.
- Cover & cook over low heat about 3 minutes.
- Serve over Rice.