1 hr 20 mins
For a simple supper, serve with green salad, roll, and iced tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh medium shrimp, boiled in water just until cooked through, drained, peeled, and deveined
- 1 (16 ounce) jar medium-hot green chili salsa
- 1/3 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; grease a shallow 3-quart casserole; set aside.
- 2In a big mixing bowl, mix the eggs, evaporated milk, and yogurt together; then add in feta , Swiss cheese, parsley, basil, oregano, and garlic; stir to blend.
- 3Spread half the pasta over the bottom of prepared casserole; layer half the shrimp over the pasta; spoon salsa evenly over the top.
- 4Spread remaining pasta over the salsa; and pour the egg mixture over the top.
- 5Layer on the remaining shrimp, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese evenly over the shrimp and bake about 30 minutes, until golden.
- 6Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Shrimp, Pasta, and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 242.0 mg
- Sodium 1016.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 37.0 g