Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
For a simple supper, serve with green salad, roll, and iced tea.
Make and share this Herbed Shrimp, Pasta, and Cheese Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh medium shrimp, boiled in water just until cooked through, drained, peeled, and deveined
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmedium-hot green chili salsa
- 1⁄3 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease a shallow 3-quart casserole; set aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix the eggs, evaporated milk, and yogurt together; then add in feta , Swiss cheese, parsley, basil, oregano, and garlic; stir to blend.
- Spread half the pasta over the bottom of prepared casserole; layer half the shrimp over the pasta; spoon salsa evenly over the top.
- Spread remaining pasta over the salsa; and pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Layer on the remaining shrimp, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese evenly over the shrimp and bake about 30 minutes, until golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.