Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can be made to keep on hand for yourself, or to package and give as gifts. To give as a gift, place rice mix in pint sized Ziplock bags, labeled with instructions. Found in Dec/Jan 1998 issue of TOH. Submitted by Emily Chaney.
- 3 lbs long grain rice
- 2 cups dried celery flakes
- 2⁄3 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Store in an airtight container, or to give as gifts, see note above.
- TO PREPARE RICE MIX: YOU WILL NEED FOR EACH SERVING; 1/4 CUP RICE MIX, 2/3 CUP WATER, AND 1 TEASPOON BUTTER. BRING WATER AND BUTTER TO BOIL, ADD RICE MIX AND REDUCE HEAT. SIMMER 20 MINUTES. REMOVE FROM HEAT AND LET STAND 5 MINUTES. FLUFF WITH A FORK.
Easy mix to make for yourself or for things like a gift basket. Flavors are good-I used chicken broth as a cooking liquid. I like that the instructions for cooking are by the serving. I always make too much rice by following the package instructions. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.