Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A bit out of the ordinary - this salad uses lavender and garden chives and is garnished with edible flowers (or for the less advenuresome use colorful herb blossoms). Recipe source: Lavender
- 3 lbs small potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups celery & leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender flowers (or 1/2 tablespoon dried lavender buds)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup fresh edible flower (chive, dill, purple basil leaves and or or other fresh edible flowers)
- Boil unpeeled potatoes until tender (20-30 minutes) but not soft enough to mash. Drain and let cool.
- Slice potatoes or cut in half, depending on size of potatoes and place in salad bowl.
- In a small bowl mix herbs with yogurt and mustard and then stir into the potatoes.
- Garnish with edible flowers and herb blossoms.
- Refrigerate until serving.