Recipe by Ingy
A light pasta dish that is quick and very easy. If you are a vegetarian, the mushrooms are a great substitution for meat in a pasta dish.
Top Review by meighan.byron
Was really good and pretty quick! I actually didn't have any milk, but it was still very tasty anyway. My bf, that hates mushrooms and onions, loved the flavor of the sauce. I will be making this again and again. So easy!
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped basil (I use freeze-dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 6 -9 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in warm water for 20-30 minute to rehydrate. Squeeze out any excess water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In large pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter, red pepper, Italian Seasoning, garlic, and basil. Cook about 1-2 minute to mix flavors.
- Add wine. Cook another 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add milk and let simmer until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Mix pasta into "sauce" and add a bit more milk or butter if needed to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve.