Recipe by FLKeysJen
Something different! A delicious breakfast or dinner that pleases people who don't like French Toast because it's too sweet. This was served at the bed and breakfast at Youngberg Hill Winery in the Oregon Wine Country.
- 6 slices sourdough bread or 6 slices French bread, about 3/4 inch thick
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (can substitute light or fat free)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Blend in the sour cream, mustard, dill weed and Italian seasoning.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture and let soak for 10 seconds.
- On a large griddle or fry pan, melt the butter over medium heat; cook the bread in the melted butter for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown.
- Turn the bread and top each with stewed tomatoes, then a slice of cheese, then chopped chives; cook for three minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are warm.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and Dijon mustard mixed together and serve immediately.