Recipe by Jellyqueen
great gift in a jar or just to make at home!
Top Review by mianbao
This review is for the finished bread, not for the herbes de provence mix. I had a jar of herbes de provence that I had bought, and wanted to try it out, so I made this bread. It turned out beautifully! The bread is very light and fluffy, with excellent texture. This is my first experience with herbes de provence, and I'm not 100% sure how I feel about them, but, I think I will get used to them by the time all the bread is finished. Even if I decide not to use them again, I will definitely use this focaccia recipe, either plain or with other herbs. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 4 cups white flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons herbes de provence
Herbs de Provence
- 3 tablespoons oregano, dried
- 3 tablespoons savory, dried
- 3 tablespoons thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon sage, dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the herbs and mix well.
- If you cannot find savory or lavender, don't worry about it.
- Store in a small zip-lock bag.
- Use in Herbed Focaccia Bread Mix, or on top of meats, or in salad dressings.
- Assemble, your dry ingredients in a quart size zip-lock bag, and mix them well in the bag.
- You can do this by sealing it and then turning it over and over.
- For storing your Bread Mix, you can place it in a Mason Jar.
- I like to get some pretty material and glue to the lid of the Mason Jar, then hot glue some pretty lace around the lip of the jar.
- Or if you do not wish to use Jars, you can buy some clear cellophane bags, and store your mix in it, and tie the top with colorful ribbon and attach a cute gift card with the instructions on how to make your Herbed Focaccia Bread.
- Herbed Focaccia Bread Mix Ingredients: 1 Package Herbed Focaccia Bread Mix, 1 Packet (1/4 ounce) quick rise active dry yeast, 1-1/2 Cups Warm Water, 1 Egg, lightly beaten, and 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil (or Vegetable Oil).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- In a large bowl, place the Herbed Focaccia Bread Mix.
- Add the beaten egg, the water/yeast, and the olive oil to the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon.
- The dough will be somewhat sticky.
- Flour a flat surface.
- Turn the bread dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with a light dish towel.
- Let it rise in a warm place.
- When the focaccia has risen to double its size, divide it in two.
- Reshape each ball of dough into a round shape much like a pizza crust.
- Place in a 9' round cake pan.
- Brush lightly with additional olive oil.
- If you have time, let it rise for a short time (but not above the top of the pan).
- Bake it in a preheated 350 degree oven, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with olive oil or butter.
- Write or type these instructions on your gift card and attach to your container for gift giving.