Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
great gift in a jar or just to make at home!
- 4 cups white flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons herbes de provence
Herbs de Provence
- 3 tablespoons oregano, dried
- 3 tablespoons savory, dried
- 3 tablespoons thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon sage, dried
- Combine all of the herbs and mix well.
- If you cannot find savory or lavender, don't worry about it.
- Store in a small zip-lock bag.
- Use in Herbed Focaccia Bread Mix, or on top of meats, or in salad dressings.
- Assemble, your dry ingredients in a quart size zip-lock bag, and mix them well in the bag.
- You can do this by sealing it and then turning it over and over.
- For storing your Bread Mix, you can place it in a Mason Jar.
- I like to get some pretty material and glue to the lid of the Mason Jar, then hot glue some pretty lace around the lip of the jar.
- Or if you do not wish to use Jars, you can buy some clear cellophane bags, and store your mix in it, and tie the top with colorful ribbon and attach a cute gift card with the instructions on how to make your Herbed Focaccia Bread.
- Herbed Focaccia Bread Mix Ingredients: 1 Package Herbed Focaccia Bread Mix, 1 Packet (1/4 ounce) quick rise active dry yeast, 1-1/2 Cups Warm Water, 1 Egg, lightly beaten, and 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil (or Vegetable Oil).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- In a large bowl, place the Herbed Focaccia Bread Mix.
- Add the beaten egg, the water/yeast, and the olive oil to the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon.
- The dough will be somewhat sticky.
- Flour a flat surface.
- Turn the bread dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with a light dish towel.
- Let it rise in a warm place.
- When the focaccia has risen to double its size, divide it in two.
- Reshape each ball of dough into a round shape much like a pizza crust.
- Place in a 9' round cake pan.
- Brush lightly with additional olive oil.
- If you have time, let it rise for a short time (but not above the top of the pan).
- Bake it in a preheated 350 degree oven, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with olive oil or butter.
- Write or type these instructions on your gift card and attach to your container for gift giving.
This review is for the finished bread, not for the herbes de provence mix. I had a jar of herbes de provence that I had bought, and wanted to try it out, so I made this bread. It turned out beautifully! The bread is very light and fluffy, with excellent texture. This is my first experience with herbes de provence, and I'm not 100% sure how I feel about them, but, I think I will get used to them by the time all the bread is finished. Even if I decide not to use them again, I will definitely use this focaccia recipe, either plain or with other herbs. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.