Recipe by children from A to Z
I haven't been feeling well so of course chicken noodle soup is the one thing that always makes me feel better. This is just like my homemade recipe the only difference is this recipe calls for sage and poultry seasoning, and a bay leaf. I found this in TOH holiday. I hope this is as comforting for you as it is for me.
Top Review by SweetsLady
Yummy comfort food! I had some leftover chicken, so I just cooked up the vegetables with 8 c. water and spices and then put in the chicken and noodles. I used whole wheat rotini. Thanks, children from A to Z!
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen noodles, cooked (I use Reames brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven place the first 12 ingredients in pot.
- Cover bring to a boil; skim fat.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; allow to cool.
- Debone and cut chicken into chunks.
- Skim fat from broth; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to kettle.
- Add cooked noodles, heat through.
- Remove bay leaf.