Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light--this one is wonderful!
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo, about 10 small, husks and stems removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 serrano chili, 1/2-1, depending on desired heat
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices white bread
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- lime wedge (optional)
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Salsa: Bring water to a boil. Add tomatillos, garlic, and chile; cook 7 minute Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine tomatillos, garlic, chile, 1/2 c cilantro, onion, lime juice, and 1/4 t salt in food processor or blender; pulse 4-5 times or until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- Chicken: Place bread in food processor and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/2 cup Arrange crumbs on a baking sheet; bake 3 min or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Pound chicken until 1/2 inch thick. Combine 1/2 t salt, cumin, and pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Place crumbs in a shallow dish. Place egg in another. Dip chicken in egg and dredge in crumbs.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Top chicken with salsa and sprinkle with queso fresco. Garnish with cilantro and lime.