From Cooking Light--this one is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 lb tomatillo, about 10 small, husks and stems removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 serrano chili, 1/2-1, depending on desired heat
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices white bread
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- lime wedge (optional)
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Salsa: Bring water to a boil. Add tomatillos, garlic, and chile; cook 7 minute Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine tomatillos, garlic, chile, 1/2 c cilantro, onion, lime juice, and 1/4 t salt in food processor or blender; pulse 4-5 times or until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- 3Chicken: Place bread in food processor and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/2 cup Arrange crumbs on a baking sheet; bake 3 min or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- 4Pound chicken until 1/2 inch thick. Combine 1/2 t salt, cumin, and pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- 5Place crumbs in a shallow dish. Place egg in another. Dip chicken in egg and dredge in crumbs.
- 6Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Top chicken with salsa and sprinkle with queso fresco. Garnish with cilantro and lime.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Chicken Breasts With Tomatillo Salsa and Queso Fresco
Serving Size: 1 (716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.3 mg
- Sodium 669.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: