Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This takes a little time to make but so well worth it. Enjoy! "Queenie"
- 20 large fresh garlic cloves
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 9 slices bacon, fried
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- patty shell, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Blanch garlic in boiling water for one minute; peel.
- Place garlic, chicken broth and chicken in saucepan and simmer gently covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and garlic from broth.
- Skin chicken and remove bones keeping intact.
- Place 1 1/2 slices of bacon where bones were.
- Puree garlic with 3 Tablespoons broth, cream cheese and tarragon.
- On lightly floured board, roll out puff pastry into an 8 inch circle.
- Place a stuffed chicken thigh on top of the pastry and two tablespoons of the garlic cheese mixture.
- Moisten edges of pastry dough with fingertip dipped in cold water.
- Bring edges together on top and crimp to seal.
- Repeat with remaining 5 pastry shells.
- Place filled pastry shells on lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Brush tops with beaten egg and bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.