Cristina Barry's Note:
A simple no mess side dish to serve along chicken, pork and lamb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Remove the stem end of each onion and carefully slice off the brown part of the root end, leaving the root intact.
- 3Peel the onion.
- 4Stand each onion root end up on a cutting board and cut the onion in wedges through the root.
- 5Place the wedges in a bowl.
- 6For the dressing, combine the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 7Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- 8Pour the dressing over the onions and toss well.
- 9With a slotted spoon, transfer the onions to a sheet pan, reserving the vinaigrette that remains in the bowl.
- 10Bake the onions for 30 to 45 minutes, until tender and browned.
- 11Toss the onions once during cooking. Remove from the oven, and drizzle with the reserved dressing.
- 12Sprinkle with parsley, season to taste and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb-Roasted Onions - Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 459.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g