Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple no mess side dish to serve along chicken, pork and lamb.
Make and share this Herb-Roasted Onions - Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the stem end of each onion and carefully slice off the brown part of the root end, leaving the root intact.
- Peel the onion.
- Stand each onion root end up on a cutting board and cut the onion in wedges through the root.
- Place the wedges in a bowl.
- For the dressing, combine the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the onions and toss well.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the onions to a sheet pan, reserving the vinaigrette that remains in the bowl.
- Bake the onions for 30 to 45 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Toss the onions once during cooking. Remove from the oven, and drizzle with the reserved dressing.
- Sprinkle with parsley, season to taste and serve warm or at room temperature.