Prep 36 mins
Cook 22 mins
DH and I made this recipe from the February 2009 edition of Bon Appetit a few nights ago and really enjoyed it. We usually prepare our lamb chops on the grill, but I thought that this recipe would lend itself well when grilling is just not practical. I am posting the recipe as printed in Bon Appetit, however, DH suggested that next time I chop the rosemary and thyme leaves, rather than lightly crush them with my mortar and pestel. Prep time includes marinating time.
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 Tb olive oil in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat.
- Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat remaining 1 Tb olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.
Thank you for sharing, this was outstanding!
Excellent! The marinade was simple but flavourful, even using some frozen rosemary. This was my first time making lamb chops and the directions were spot on! I would highly recommend this recipe! Definitely will make this again and again!! I found this recipe in the BA archives, so was happy to see that it was already posted here! Kudos on the find!
The marinade was great but with oven roasting we found it was very fatty in the taste but would certainly consider using if we were b-b-qing, I doubled the recipe as I used 13 lamb loin chops for 4 of us and they were only about 1/2" thick at the most and cooked to well done - seared in the pan (in 2 batches) and then put the lot in a 180C fan forced oven for 20 minutes and they were cooked well done and very tender. Thank you Dr. Jenny made for ZAAR Stars tag game.