Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although this is a long list of ingredients, the end result is spectacular. Be prepared for many compliments with this recipe!
- 175 ml oil free French dressing
- 250 g mixed dried fruit, chopped into small pieces (craisins, apricots & figs)
- 75 ml raisins
- 45 ml fruit chutney
- 30 ml coarse grain mustard
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 125 g low-fat cheddar cheese or 125 g mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 65 g feta or 65 g creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- 50 g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 large butter lettuce, shredded
- 1 large red oak lettuce, leaves left whole
- 125 ml leafy fresh herbs (oregano, basil etc)
- Heat salad dressing and stir in dried fruit, chutney and mustard.
- Set aside and leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, add spring onion, cheeses, nuts and butter lettuce and toss well.
- Place on platter lined with red oak lettuce and fresh herbs.