This is an easy recipe and WOW!! is it good. Anyone who thinks they don't like grits hasn't tried these! The salmon is so simple it can easily be served alone or over rice with other veggies. And the grits can be served with just about any kind of fish or meat if you don't have/like salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Grits
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup cream (half and half)
- 3/4 cup grits (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
For the Salmon
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2In a small sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup chicken broth with onion, salt and garlic.
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes (until onion is tender).
- 4Add remaining broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Gradually add grits, then cream, stirring with whisk until blended.
- 6Cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes (or until done).
- 7Sauté mushrooms with olive oil in a nonstick skilled for about five minutes or until golden.
- 8Stir mushrooms and parmesan into grits.
- 9Set aside and keep warm.
- 10Sprinkle salmon fillets with salt, pepper and thyme.
- 11Place fillets skin-side down on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 12Broil 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of fillets and individual cooking prefs).
- 13Remove skin from fillets, discard skin.
- 14Serve immediately on top of the grits.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Broiled Salmon over Parmesan Grits
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.0
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 1133.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 43.3 g