Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from Howard Helmer, the world's fastest omlet maker according to the Guinness Book. His current record is 427 omelets in just 30 minutes. Care to try your hand at beating his record?
- Whip eggs with liquid, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Make sure all the white is fully incorporated.
- Melt butter over high heat in a 10" nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, pulling them toward the center from each side.
- Remove from heat when eggs no longer run but are still quite moist.
- Add cheeses to top half of omlet, fold, then invert onto a plate.
- Let rest 1 minute before serving.
- Makes one omelet.
This was very tasty! I loved the flavor of the chives and the eggs were fluffy and tender. I made this recipe three times. I followed the directions strictly for the first omelette - and it came out a bit too loose& wet even after the 1 minue standing time. The second one I let cook a little longer and I had the same problem, only less. The third one I flipped over for a few seconds to cook on the other side instead first, sprinkled with the cheese as it cooked, folded over and served - it was perfect. 5 stars for taste, 4 stars for the unique method. Thanks for sharing this tasting (and indeed very quick) breakfast treat!
I followed the recipe as written but we thought it was missing something. It didn't have much flavor for us. Maybe it was the cheese- not sure. We all ate it but would make some changes next time to add more flavor.
A perfect omelet! I like my omelets soft and this method is perfect for that. Used fresh chives from the garden and will try it with fresh sage and oregano next time.