Kittencal's Fluffy Omelet
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder (this will create a fluffy omelet)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (can use more or less!)
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (can use more)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, baking powder, cream, green onions, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat until your hands feel warm when held about 2-inches above the surface; add in butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet; let set slightly.
- Using a heat-proof spatula, push eggs from edge towards the center; tilt pan to let egg fill the spaces.
- Repeat until omelet if JUST set (about 1-2 minutes).
- Sprinkle the grated cheese down the center of the omelet.
- Using the same spatula, gently fold the omelet over the cheese.
- Tilt skillet and slide the filled omelet onto a serving plate (don't worry if you tear the eggs slightly!).
Join The Conversation
For 4 eggs, I used 1 1/2 tbsp of whipping cream, and a bit more than 1/8 tsp baking powder, but not 1/4. I Also heated the egg whites and yolks separately, then folded them together, and THEN added the whipping cream and baking powder. You can add the baking powder during any step, but I day always add the whipping cream last. This was all to make it much more fluffier in the end then before ;)