This recipe will tempt those anti-zucchini eaters! I could eat a whole pan myself! Have had this recipe for 20 years. Can be made ahead & baked before serving.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add zucchini, onion, tomato & garlic.
- Cover & cook until desired tenderness, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce & seasonings.
- In a 13x9-inch baking dish, place a layer of the zucchini mixture, then top with shredded cheese.
- Continue layers until pan is full, ending with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered, in a 350°F oven, for 25 minutes.
- Top with shredded parmesan or Romano cheese, if desired.