Recipe by Oolala
Sounds easy and different so here for the future. I am inputting a lot of recipes from an auto-glass company's compilation cookbook which was given out as a gift. It contains recipes from all different insurance companies in the US. This was submitted by Liz Sullivan, State Farm Insurance, Oakdale, NY.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope chicken noodle soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, melt margarine or butter and saute onions, celery, and rice.
- When rice is golden brown, add other ingredients.
- Cover pan and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Can be made the day before serving and just reheat prior to serving.