Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from woman's day mag.
- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces fat free feta cheese
- 3 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup torn fresh basil leaf
- 1 loaf fresh bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved crosswise
- In a large serving bowl, combine onion, vinegar and feta cheese. let stand until onions have softened, about 10 minutes Meanwhile heat grill.
- Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, basil to onion mixture;toss.
- Brush bread slices with 1/4 teaspoons oil and grill until lightly toasted. Spear garlic clove halves onto end of fork and immediately rub over hot bread slices. Serve with tomato salad.