Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from woman's day mag.
Make and share this Heirloom Tomato Salad With Grilled Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces fat free feta cheese
- 3 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup torn fresh basil leaf
- 1 loaf fresh bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved crosswise
- In a large serving bowl, combine onion, vinegar and feta cheese. let stand until onions have softened, about 10 minutes Meanwhile heat grill.
- Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, basil to onion mixture;toss.
- Brush bread slices with 1/4 teaspoons oil and grill until lightly toasted. Spear garlic clove halves onto end of fork and immediately rub over hot bread slices. Serve with tomato salad.