Heirloom Tomato Salad With Goat Cheese and Arugula
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 4 large ripe tomatoes (different colors of heirloom tomatoes preferred)
- 5 5 ounces chevre cheese or 5 ounces soft cream cheese, cut into 4 wheels
- 1⁄2 cup shelled roasted pistachios, chopped
- 4 cups arugula or 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 -4 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar, to taste
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cherry tomatoes or 2 grape tomatoes (optional)
- Thinly slice tomatoes and arrange on salad plates in an overlapping fashion forming a ring, alternating colors as you go.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with some of the olive oil and balsamic (reserve some for the arugula).
- Press wheels of goat cheese into the chopped pistachios, covering both sides.
- Place arugula into a small bowl and toss gently with olive oil, juice of the lemon, balsamic, salt, and pepper.
- Place approximately one cup of the arugula salad into the center of the tomatoes.
- Top arugula with pistachio goat cheese.
- Garnish with one half cherry tomato, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!