Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour, Sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine raisins and water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Drain raisins, reserving liquid.
- Add enough water to reserved liquid to make 1/2 cup.
- Cool well.
- Cream together butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixeer at medium speed.
- Add eggs, beat 2 more minutes.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture alternately with 1/2 cup of reserved raisin liquid into creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon batter into greased 3-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
- Bake in 400 degree F. oven 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with homemade jam or jelly.
Soo good. thank you.