Recipe by bbbwagner
I served this low fat recipe to my gentleman friend this evening and he said it's a keeper so needless to say I will be serving it again.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Everyone at the table thought this was fabulous. Has an irresistible winey-marsala taste that is not overpowering, just right. I liked the technique of flouring the shrimp and lightly sauteeing, because the shrimp then makes the wine and water thicken up perfectly. I will make this again and I'm happy to add it to my recipe drawer.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1 cup plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup marsala
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups cooked linguine (8oz dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl then dredge shrimp in it.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and saute' 5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp oil to the pan.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and saute' 3 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the shrimp, wine, and water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over pasta.