Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite thing to eat but not too healthy. You might want to cook the ham first if there's a lot of water in it so the casserole isn't runny.
- 5 cups cooked potatoes, Sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 2 cups steamed cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked chopped ham
- 1 onion, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt margarine and saute onion until tender.
- Add salt and flour. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, keeping mixture smooth.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese and stir until melted.
- Layer potatoes, ham, green beans, cauliflower, and sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
We liked this recipe and the fact it was a one dish meal. I got to use a few of my kitchen gadgets in preparing this. First I used my OXO Mandoline to slice the potatoes. Then I place the cauliflower in the bottom of my Cuisinart Turbo Convection Steamer and the sliced potatoes in the top tray. Steamed them for 15 minutes, turned it off and just let the veggies set in the steamer until I needed them. I found the sauce to be very thick so you may want to try adding more milk of less flour. I used French Styled green beans and drained them as the recipe did not state what to do. I layered everything in my 9x13 Pamper Chef rectangular baker. I add 15 minutes to step 8, as I find that the stone bakers need about 15 minutes to warm up. At the end of step 9 we sat down to a hearty meal. Chef #318991 you did good in posting this recipe thank you very much, I know I will be making it again. I'm honored to be your first reviewer hope to see many more of your recipes.