Recipe by Tams67
I found this recipe on another website. It soundered wonderful to me so I wanted to share it.
Top Review by JulieSanders
I feed a pretty picky bunch at my house and I had a few pounds of ground venison so I called my friend Mary who passed on this recipe. I had to improvise and use ingredients I had on hand. I made a few substitutions such as: used venison instead of beef, did not use the green chiles, used macaroni instead of egg noodles, used cheddar on top, and for the cheese filling I used a mixture of a half of jar of Alfredo sauce and cream cheese. My family raved about this being very filling and tasty. They also gave it a thumbs up for our favorites list.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef until done.
- Then add garlic, salt, green chilies and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- While that simmers, mix together cream cheese.
- sour cream and onions.
- Cook noodles.
- In a pan 9x13 that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray, Layer: 1/3 of sauce, 1/2 noodles, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, cover with 1/3 more sauce, remaining noodles, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and sauce.
- Bake at 350, uncovered for 30 minutes Remove from oven, cover and let sit for 10 minute.
- before serving.