Recipe by GaylaV
This is a nice little twist on that good old cucumber salad. I found this recipe in Gardening News. Cooking time is the standing time.
Top Review by etully
This was really good, a nice twist on plain cukes. I used minced garlic instead of the clove right in the marinade. This makes a great side and it's easy. I used two "European" cukes and put the whole thing together in the morning for an afternoon get together. The leftovers were good the next day as well. I will surely be making this again. Thank for an excellent recipe.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half, lengthwise (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the salt to the cucumbers and let them stand in a large bowl.
- After 30 minutes the juice will have drained from the cucumbers.
- Drain the juice from the bowl.
- Rub a second large bowl with the garlic halves. (optional).
- In the second bowl mix the oil, vinegar, water, and sugar.
- Add drained cucumbers and mix well.
- Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.