Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Next to MARS bars, HEATH bars are my favorite candy bars. These baked bars are soooo good and rich and HEATH bars are the main ingredient, so they are a winner with me (and hopefully with you, too)!
Top Review by Juenessa
We love Heath bars and enjoyed these bars! I subbed 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for the pecans so my kids would eat them. I found these bars to be hard to get out of the pan, they were pretty crumbly--this did not affect the taste though! Thanks for another keeper, Karen.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 -5 Heath candy bars or 4 -5 Skor candy bars, crushed (divided use)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter well and blend in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, 2/3 cup HEATH bars and nuts by hand.
- Press into ungreased 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet.
- Bake 18- 20 minutes or until browned.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining HEATH bars evenly over top.
- Cool slighty and cut into bars while still warm.