Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Next to MARS bars, HEATH bars are my favorite candy bars. These baked bars are soooo good and rich and HEATH bars are the main ingredient, so they are a winner with me (and hopefully with you, too)!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 -5 Heath candy bars or 4 -5 Skor candy bars, crushed (divided use)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter well and blend in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, 2/3 cup HEATH bars and nuts by hand.
- Press into ungreased 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet.
- Bake 18- 20 minutes or until browned.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining HEATH bars evenly over top.
- Cool slighty and cut into bars while still warm.
We love Heath bars and enjoyed these bars! I subbed 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for the pecans so my kids would eat them. I found these bars to be hard to get out of the pan, they were pretty crumbly--this did not affect the taste though! Thanks for another keeper, Karen.