Recipe by LAURIE
Simple and easy, great summer dessert!
Top Review by littleturtle
This tasted surprisingly much like pecan pie. It had a nice nutty flavor, but was way too sweet for us. I liked the shortbread crust. The ice cream layer seemed very thin compared to the crust and whipped cream layers, so I think next time I would add at least another pint of ice cream. I think this recipe could be very versatile, using different flavors of ice cream and pudding to change things up. It occured to me while I was eating it, it would probably be great made with coffee ice cream, chocolate pudding, and a graham cracker crust or with French vanilla ice cream and a gingersnap crust, so many great combinations to try. Thanks.
- 1 (1 lb) packagelorna doone cookie, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 pints butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 Heath candy bars or 4 Skor candy bars, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cookie crumbs and margarine together and press in bottom of 13x9 cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix ice cream and pudding mix together well.
- Pour over cooled crust.
- Spread cool whip over top.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy bars.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- May also be frozen but set out at room temp for about 15 minutes before cutting into squares.