1/5 Photos of Hearty Vegetarian Tofu Chili
1 hr 15 mins
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
This is a delicious colourful chili with a perfect blend of many vegetables with tofu in a thick spicy tomato base. This original recipe came from Runner's World magazine, although I have altered it to suit my likings. Frying tofu gives it a more meat like texture. For those who like chili very spicy, more chili powder may be added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1Saute first 4 in meduium heat.
- 2Add tofu, cumin, hot sauce, and salt and pepper and saute until crisp and lightly browned (10 min).
- 3Add rest of ingredients (beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, carrots, and chili powder).
- 4Boil, reduce heat and simmer 45 to 55 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Vegetarian Tofu Chili
Serving Size: 1 (634 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 864.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.5 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 26.2 g