1 hr 15 mins
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
Team this up with a nice loaf of warm bread and you have a whole meal! Thick and satisfying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried split green peas
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cooked finely cooked ham (optional)
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Rinse split peas in cold water.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan; bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat and cover.
- 4Simmer, stirring occasionally, 1-1/2 hours.
- 5Remove bay leaf at end of 1-1/2 hours.
- 6If soup is too thick, add enough water or chicken broth until soup reaches desired consistency. Soup thickens upon standing.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 739.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.7 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 32.8 g