Recipe by silky
My family's favorite spaghetti sauce.
Top Review by mysonshine
This is such a wonderful spaghetti sauce! My family and I really loved the flavor of it and I also love the ease of it all. It's also nice to find a recipe where I had all of the ingredients on hand and didn't have to make a special trip to the store. Awesome in every way! This recipe will be used in my household for many years to come! Thank you for sharing your recipe silky!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, with juices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a deep large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add garlic, onions, celery and carrots.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add meat and brown.
- Add milk.
- Cook, covered, 20 minutes, over medium-low heat.
- Break up tomatoes.
- Add to meat mixture with juices.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook uncovered 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.