Hearty Backyard Spaghetti Sauce for 50!
- Ready In:
- 10 lbs ground chuck (80% lean)
- 4 lbs Italian sausage (hot)
- 4 lbs Italian sausage (mild)
- 8 lbs white onions, diced
- 3 ounces oregano (1 small jar standard US grocery size)
- 1⁄2 ounce basil (1 small jar standard US grocery size)
- 200 ounces tomato puree (2- #10 cans)
- 200 ounces tomatoes, crushed (2- #10 cans)
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- olive oil (for saute)
- Grill the sausages on a gas/charcoal grill. When done, slice into 1/4" coins.
- Saute onions until translucent in pot.
- Add garlic, and ground beef, and brown the beef.
- Add both tomato products.
- Add sausage, basil, and oregano.
- Simmer for 60-90 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Software geek that loves to cook. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, daughter's wedding, showers, parties for 6-100... I'm in! Trying to chart a course for my Sweet Wife and I into our second half-century: low carbs, high fiber, living well. I sneak in a batch of homebrew a few times a year too :o)