Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This wonderful stew soothes the system and nourishes the gut. This is from "You Are What You Eat" by Dr. Gillian McKeith. Enjoy!
- 1 cup lentils, soaked for 20 minutes in water and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 2 cups diced squash
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 maggi vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup watercress
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, put the onions, bay leaves, stock cube and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, add the squash and sweet potatoes.
- Cover and allow to cook for further 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add watercress and serve immediately.