Recipe by Berliner Goere
Thick and chunky with lots of flavor to fill you up real good. Perfect for a cold winter day and very easy to prepare.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- mccormick hot shot black and red pepper blend, to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 16 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 16 ounces white kidney beans, drained
- 48 ounces beef stock
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 4 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 5 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef in a skillet until all fat has dissapeared and season with salt and Hot Shot (red and black pepper) to taste.
- In a 9 quart stock/soup pot saute celery, carrot and onion about 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the beef stock and bring back to a boil; then add tomatoes, beans and mushrooms.
- Once it boils again stir in the oregano, parsley, pepper, Tabasco and spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and continue simmering about 1 1/2 to 2 hours until carrots are soft.